The Elizabeth Fry Society Mainland Nova Scotia addresses the criminalization of women and girls in Mainland Nova Scotia through:
· Providing one-on-one outreach to women and girls in prison and jail
· Providing extensive, rehabilitative programs for women and girls in prison and jail
· Delivering comprehensive programming and services to women in our communities
· Providing housing options through Holly House, our 8-unit transitional housing facility
· Offering support and coordination for long–term housing options
· Encouraging public awareness and understanding of issues related to women involved in the criminal justice system
· Addressing systemic failures and the root cause of criminalization.