The Elizabeth Fry Society Mainland Nova Scotia addresses the criminalization of women and girls in Mainland Nova Scotia through:
- Providing one-on-one outreach to women and girls in prison and jail
- Providing extensive, rehabilitative programs for women and girls in prison and jail
- Delivering comprehensive programming and services to women in our communities
- Providing housing options through Holly House, our 8-unit transitional housing facility
- Offering support and coordination for long-term housing options
- Encouraging public awareness and understanding of issues related to women involved in the criminal justice system
- Addressing systemic failures and the root cause of criminalization.